Background

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

That Girl

Hello! I played along over at Once upon a sketch's  October challenge. The challenge is to scrap the girls in your life. For my interpretation, I used a picture of myself when I was about 20yrs old. I used modeling paste and watercolors for the flowers. I don't usually use much orange but I really like the pink/orange combo. My journaling in on the back. It reads:

The things I could tell that girl. The trials and tribulations she will go through. The doors that closed. The ones that broke her heart. The better doors that opened. The times she wasted worrying. The other times she didn't worry enough. The people that will make her stronger. The people that will only tear her down. The path that she walked when surely the other may have been easier. In the end, I'm not sure I would tell her anything. Her heart led her here and here there are no regrets. Only lessons learned that make me who I am. She can stay back there without any clues while I live for today. 

Thanks for stopping by!!






3 comments:

  1. I adore your journaling & I think your take on our OUAS challenge is really, really beautiful! Those flowers & the butterfly 'sitting' on them are AWESOME!! Thanks so much for joining us this month:):) And if you haven’t already done so, you can link this to our Once Upon A…Sketch Facebook Page for a chance at our special FB prize!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an interesting take on our journalling theme!!! Well done and such beautiful words to that all important girl...Loving the soft touches on your page...thank you for playing along with us here at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your journaling and it's such an interesting take on the theme! Sometimes we forget that we are the most important person and so deserving of love. Fabulous page and beautiful colors, thanks for joining us at OUAS :)

    ReplyDelete